After careful consideration, the Creative Mentorship team, together with other Music4Change partners, selected 11 candidates from all around the globe to participate in The Bridge Mentorship Programme, as a part of the ERASMUS+ project Music4Change. Future selected mentees, with the support of an experienced mentor and the Creative Mentorship team, will have an opportunity to grow and learn in the field of their work during the whole 2024 year. Participation in The Bridge Mentorship Programme will help the mentees to transfer and develop more easily in any music work ecosystem that they choose.
After finishing open call, the Creative Mentorship team had an online interview with all shortlisted candidates for The Bridge Mentorship Programme. Through the interviews, candidates had the space to introduce themselves better and explain their challenges in personal development and career.
A Goal Setting workshop was organized for all candidates who passed the selection on November 25, 2023. At the Goal Setting workshop, the selected candidates got additional support from the Senior Trainer and Creative Mentorship team in clearly defining areas for development during the mentoring programme and strengthening their goal-setting skills for further professional and personal development.
The Music4Change project team also wants to thank all candidates who didn’t pass the selection process for this year’s mentorship programme. We strongly suggest they not lose interest in professional and personal development and mentorship! There are many people out there who are ready to support interested and motivated individuals and share their knowledge and experience, even without a formal mentoring programme.
The Bridge Mentorship Programme will be implemented from January 2024 to December 2024 in an online format.
The list of selected mentees for The Bridge Mentorship Programme:
- Alexandra Gorton (Brisbane, Australia), Queensland Conservatorium Research Centre, Creative Arts Research Institute / PhD Candidate, sessional academic
- Alexandra Karamoutsiou (Thessaloniki Greece), Aristotle University of Thessaloniki / PhD holder
- Daniel Fong (Norway and Singapore), University of Oslo, Department of Musicology / PhD Candidate
- Georgia Nicolaou (Rotterdam, The Netherlands), Royal Conservatoire Antwerp – AP Hogeshool Antwerpen / University of Antwerp / PhD Researcher
- Késia Decoté Rodrigues (Bergen / Norway), Grieg Academy, University of Bergen MSCA / Postdoctoral Fellow
- Lucy Forde (Edinburgh), University of Edinburgh / PhD Candidate, Research Assistant and Tutor
- Marina Marcon Moreira (Belo Horizonte – Brazil), Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais. Corpo Discente – Programa de Pós-Gradução em Música / Researcher
- Natalija Stanković (Belgrade, Serbia), University of Arts in Belgrade, Faculty of Music, Music Theory department / PhD student, Junior researcher
- Olaolu Lawal (Trondheim, Norway), Norwegian University of Science and Technology / PhD Candidate
- Ole Kristian Einarsen (Bergen), University of Bergen / PhD-candidate
- Tijs Ham (Bergen/Norway), Independent researcher / Freelance